Monday, April 23, 2012

Style Jem

Hi Jem readers! Brooke here from Decorgreat on this Monday morning! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend; you can see a recap of mine here. I am at The Jem Journal today to share with you 'my personal style,' as it relates to wardrobe and design. When Morgan asked me if this was something I would like to do a guest post on, I couldn't pass it up... I am a style junkie - fashion and design!

When it comes to my personal style, there is no one-word answer I could give you. I suppose I would classify my style as "boho chic," as I love to mix and match. Some days I'm feeling extra bohemian, while other days I'd prefer to get glammed up! I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes, because I simply get tired of them after a few wears...so I typically stick to these 'staple' stores for clothes: h&m, forever 21, zara, and urban outfitters. One thing I'm not afraid to splurge on would be accessories - mainly purses and shoes. I am willing to spend more money on these items because they can be worn much more than a piece of clothing, without feeling redundant. I also like to have classic pieces that I will be able to keep forever. Here are a few of my favorite pieces that live in my closet -- you can see which items are more 'boho' and which are a bit more 'chic.'


Louboutin Pumps   Minnetonka Boots   Burberry Coat   Gucci Boston Bag   Ray Ban Aviator  Scarf   YSL Clutch

My design style is very much like my personal style, in the sense that I love to mix & match. I'm not set on ONE design type, I love many -- traditional, contemporary, Hollywood Regency, etc...I would classify it as "transitional." Below are a few of my favorite pieces from my home. What's your design style? 











No comments:

Post a Comment