Thursday, August 9, 2012

Transitional

With the summer wrapping up, and cooler evenings on the arrival, I am finding myself putting together outfits that are transitional to the warmer days and cooler nights. For example, last night we had a casual birthday dinner with friends. It was 80 degrees when we left home, however much cooler on the way out. I started with a long black skirt and a tucked in tank. I threw in a crochet sweater to just throw over the top if I happened to get cold and it looked like this...

I love mixing my summer skirts with my fall sweaters, or my summer maxis, with a cute fall jacket or blazer. It is a great way to utilize all of your pieces through out the majority of the year. More transitional outfits below...




XO

3 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to fall! I think this is a great transition piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love maxi skirts but don't have one :(! Come and visit us soon again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the maxi! My black skirt is my fave and I look forward to fall-er-izing it!

    ReplyDelete