Tuesday, January 31, 2012

California Dreamin'

There is something comforting about the ocean. It's soothing, calming, and renergizing for me. I spent my last day in Santa Monica (one of my favorite places) just sitting on the beach and being fully induldged in the sunshine and the true simplicity of the day.

I had to catch a train back to San Diego that afternoon so I had my purse full of clothing, and a huge Nordstrom bag that carried all of the things I bought while I was there. After sitting on the beach in my black maxi dress, while using my black Micheal Kors dress and Free People jacket as a towel to sit on, I decided I would enjoy my beach time a bit more if I had the proper beach accessories. So I made my way down to the promenade and found the closest Forever, and bought myself a new beach towel, beach bag, and floppy beach hat.

I returned to the beach and was able to sit in the quietness of my own thoughts and gather new inspiration and creativity. I love the free spirit vibe that surrounds Santa Monica. I was able to score a spot next to a cool couple who were writing and singing music. The guy on the guitar and the girl singing with her tamberine. I can't help but be inspired by the beach, the music, and the street style of this day. A few images that capture my mood and inspirations.





Santa Monica Beach

I apoligize for the personally shot photo, but I was solo and had to share this gorgeous day.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment