Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Jem Beginning

I have been wanting to create a blog for quite some time now, however I have always hesitated as to what I would want to share with the world. My mom and I have started a hair accessory business called JEM Designs, and I have been contemplating on establishing a blog strictly for that purpose. After some thought, I decided that I would like to incorporate the beautiful little hair "jems" we create with the jems that I experience each and everyday. May it be a great dinner party we have hosted for our friends. Or perhaps it is a new pair of shoes I have fallen in love with. Or maybe the jems of the day are not as obvious. Maybe it is the kind man who held the door open for me. Or the sight of my golden retriever peacefully napping by the fireplace.

I know that many of us get through the day by simply checking off our to do lists. It is incredibly easy to get caught up in the business of the day and become numb to the small but important things. My hopes are that this journal is a place for me to capture and share my little "jems" of the day and to encourage all of you to slow down, and really take the time to enjoy the little things in life.

A few things I am considering my little jems today.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment