Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday: DIY Moisturizing Oil

I would like to keep Thursday an insightful day at The Jem Journal. So today I'd like to share a super easy DIY body care product that I use everyday. I don't know about you, but I am a little bit of a crazy person about the products I use. When I can, I always buy organic, or in this case I purchase a few ingredients and create my own.

I am not going to preach on the subject (although I could) just trust me when I say this body moisturizer works better than any other you can buy and is chemical and preservative free(always a plus.) With that being said, here is an incredibly simple recipe for a great DIY moisturizing oil that smells amazing and can double as a face moisturizer.

This recipe comes from one of my favorite books, Do It Gorgeously by Sophie Uliano. If you are into making your own product this book is filled with wonderful recipes!

What You Will Need

-2 oz. almond oil
-2 oz. olive oil
-10 drops lavender oil
-4 oz. bottle (glass or plastic, I have one with a spritzer which I like)
(All of this can be found at Whole Foods)

Instructions

1.Carefully pour the almond and olive oil directly into the bottle(a funnel can be helpful)
2. Add the lavender oil
3.Screw on the top and enjoy!








I'd love to hear your thoughts!

XO

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great body moisturizing recipe! I can't get enough of it. Even my boyfriend has been using it. Which brings me to a question, can I swap the lavender for a more manly smelling oil for him? What do suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briyanna,
    Thanks for the comment! Glad you like the moisturizer! As for your guy, I would suggest adding sandalwood, clary sage, cypress, or eucalyptus. All of these essential oils offer a little bit more of a masculine scent.
    Hope this helps!
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete