Wednesday, October 17, 2012

All About the Ambiance

I know a lot of us blogger's work from home which can sometimes be difficult because of the numerous distractions that we face each and everyday. In my opinion, one of the easiest ways to combat the distractions is to create the perfect work ambiance.

The perfect work space will of course be different for everyone but here is a glimpse at some of the things I include in mine.


I think it's safe to say that coffee or tea is is probably a must for most, but don't you think everything tastes so much better when it is drank out of something really pretty? I personally do, and I love idea of finding a few lovely vintage cups and using these as my go to mugs! The little things, right?

Another aspect that has to be perfect is the lighting! I have a small lamp on my desk that is always on when I am in there. It helps create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere that I actually want to spend time in.

An inspiration board is another must for me. It is "the" place I organize my inspirations and thoughts


I am always burning some kind of yummy candle, usually one of these. During the day I generally opt for an uplifting scent, such as lemon or my favorite, pomegranate amber.


And I of course need a little music to finish off my perfect office ambiance. I  am really wanting an old school turn table however my Norah Jones pandora station will have to do for now.

What are some things you guys do to create the ultimate work environment?

XO


6 comments:

  1. great photos, i love the cup in the first photo!

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I would love to work from home, but I could also see it as a challenge sometimes too. I absolutely adore your office - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This work space is perfect for me !

    ReplyDelete
  4. that coffee mug is adorable...love the floral pattern!

    Molly and MacKenzie
    www.ruffledromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the desk setup! i need something like that!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love that desk .We have a similar one and it's my favorite. thank you for the comment today! following :)

    ReplyDelete