Monday, July 9, 2012

More than just pretty things...

Happy Monday to you all! As much as I LOVE writing about all things pretty, there are some days when I feel like sharing things beyond fashion, style, and design with you. Please do not get me wrong, I love an amazing pair of shoes just as much as the other girl, and to be honest these are the things that feed my creativity and excite me, however sometimes I think it is important to slow down and take a moment to remember the truly important things.

The past weekend was spent with good friends and family, and it's these weekends that provide a helpful reminder to myself that life is really more than just pretty things. It is about acknowledging and being grateful for all the amazing people in your life, counting your blessings each and everyday, realizing that life is short so do what you LOVE and what makes you happy. If you have a dream, go after it. It's so easy to get caught up in fears and uncertainty, and as cliche as it sounds, we all only have a certain amount of days on this earth, so why be afraid? With a new week upon me, I would like to keep these thoughts in the front of my mind. Wishing you all a great week ahead!


XO

4 comments: