Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An Attitude for Gratitude


After a fun weekend trip to sunny California, it can be challenging to find the beauty in a winter snow storm! Can you relate? Instead of getting down about it, a couple of my girlfriends and I have started a group gratitude text message forum (basically just an ongoing group text) Here we share what we are happy about each day, and what we will be grateful for in the future. We sometimes include images of whatever it is we are grateful for, as well as things we are yearning for.

I have tried to do a gratitude journal in the past, and it seems that I start out strong and gradually stop writing in it after a few days. With this gratitude text message group I feel I am accountable for contributing as often as my friends are. Or in some instances my obligation (in a good way) to kick them off for the day. As a result I really am finding more joy in my every day journey and find myself looking forward to things that I want to come my way in the future.

So with all of that being said...if you are feeling a little case of the winter blues, or even if you are completely happy and content, I totally and completely suggest starting a group and see how rewarding it can be for yourself!

Wishing you a happy and productive day!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment